Typically heterozygous rats are cryo-recovered in 10-12 weeks to an age of 7 weeks old. Subsequently homozygous rats to an age of 7 weeks old can be produced within 20-22 weeks.
- 5 base pair deletion in exon 6 of Cntnap2
- Background strain: Sprague Dawley
- Homozygous knockout rats display total loss of protein via Western blot
- Spontaneous seizures >7 weeks of age
- This model was created in collaboration with Autism Speaks and underwent phenotypic characterization by Dr. Richard Paylor.
Availability: Cryopreserved as heterozygous embryos
Zygosity: Heterozygous as live colony
Generated in conjunction with Autism Speaks, this model possesses a bi-allelic deletion in the contactin associated protein-like 2 (Cntnap2) gene. A member of the neurexin family, Cntnap2 has been associated with the autism spectrum disorders.
Spontaneous seizures have been observed in homozygous animals >7 weeks of age.
Origin: The Cntnap2 KO rat model was originally created at SAGE Labs, Inc. in St. Louis, MO and distributed out of the Boyertown, PA facility. The line continues to be maintained through the original SAGE Labs animal inventory acquired by Envigo, then Envigo was acquired by Inotiv in 2021.