Inotiv Teklad 7089 Diamond Soft cellulose bedding material is a unique laboratory animal bedding consisting of specially-processed hardwood paper pulp. This type of paper pulp is used extensively as a cellulose source in the manufacturing of many types of highly-absorbant consumer paper products.
- Soft: Softest contact bedding material available, providing maximum animal comfort
- Nestability: Animals nest and burrow in the material, providing excellent environmental enrichment; may help improve nesting and breeding performance
- Bright white color: Improved animal observations
- Highly absorbent/controls ammonia: Allows for reduced cage changes in many applications, and also requires less bedding per cage on a weight basis
- Biosecurity: This extremely clean material is produced in a plant that is dedicated to the production of laboratory animal bedding products, in which maximum levels of quality control and vermin control are employed
- Quality control: The non-certified 7089 is screened at least twice every year for potential contaminants, making it a very highly-defined material
- Toxicology studies: The certified/irradiated version (7989C) is an excellent contact bedding choice for GLP toxicology studies, when alternatives to wire bottom cages are desired or required
- Ease of disposal: Biodegradable and can be easily incinerated
- Teklad 7089 Diamond Soft is packaged in 20 lb. (9.07 kg) autoclavable bags.
- Teklad 7989C.20 Certified/Irradiated Diamond Soft, also 20 lbs. (9.07 kg), is packaged in a poly-lined inner cap sac inside a 3-ply protective paper bag, to insure purity and integrity.
*Edible enrichment items are a supplement to the diet and should never displace more than ten percent of the diet.