April 3, 2020
During these uncertain times, we want to provide you with an update regarding our response to the COVID-19 threat.
As unfortunate as the pandemic is, we were relatively well prepared to adjust to the challenges presented. Over the past few years, we brought together multiple sites under one company. As a result, we invested in tools and practices that empowered us to remain productive when working remotely from one another. We had a solid rhythm of leadership and project management fueled by virtual meetings and remote tools even before COVID-19.
For the past several weeks, we have had a risk assessment/business continuity team working together to minimize the impact to our business. As this situation evolved from an outbreak to a pandemic, we quickly leveraged our existing tools so that more of our staff could work remotely and remain productive.
Today, we want to reinforce some important messages:
- We remain committed to ensuring the safety of our employees, their families, our clients, and the animals under our care.
- Our laboratories are operating and productive—there has been no impact to capacity or service delivery.
- We are working actively with our suppliers and providers to maintain business continuity and anticipate no shortage of needed services or supplies.
- We have been able to support multiple clients when their own laboratories or partners were impacted, providing them with needed services in their time of crisis.
We are proud to be a part of this industry, and are fortunate to be working with multiple clients, at multiple of our sites, on a variety of therapies or vaccines for COVID-19 and many other lifesaving medicines.
We remain committed to our mission of delivering the insights you deserve to get the answers you need during these critical and unprecedented times.
March 18, 2020
Our team at Inotiv and BASi Research Products is monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and reviewing our business continuity plans daily. We have assembled a risk management team that is keeping abreast of updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and state and local authorities.
During this challenging period, we would like to reassure you that Inotiv remains open for business and committed to business continuity and helping you achieve your project goals. We are prioritizing the safety and well-being of our employees and their families and the animals in our care. We are also taking steps to minimize impact to our clients’ health and safety.
We recognize that this situation is evolving and have taken several proactive steps, including:
- We have postponed or minimized group meetings at all sites.
- We relocated our annual shareholder meeting so it will be held away from a laboratory site.
- With adherence to governmental travel advice, we have limited all non-critical in-country and international travel.
- We have limited employee travel between sites.
- Travel to scientific meetings has been cancelled.
- We have postponed employee travel to client sites.
- We are leveraging telephone and net meeting tools and continually evaluating and providing flexible work arrangements where possible for employees.
- We are limiting on-site visits from contractors, suppliers and clients.
- We are maintaining vigilance, as always, regarding workplace hygiene standards and use of personal protective equipment.
- We are actively working with our vendors to ensure we maintain access to essential materials, equipment and supplies.
- At this time, our labs are fully operational and we have not identified any issues related to logistics, supplies, or other resources, that will affect our ability to continue supporting our clients’ projects.
To all of our valued clients, we are committed to our mission of delivering the insights you deserve to get the answers you need. We remain committed to that mission during these critical and unprecedented times.